A new stamp was cancelled and put into circulation on the 10th of December, 2013. The issue is dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the telephone network in Yerevan.
The cancellation was carried out by the Deputy Minister of Transport and Communication of the Republic of Armenia Andranik Aleksanyan, General Director of "ArmenTel" CJSC Andrey Platakhin, President of the Union Philatelists of Armenia Hovik Musaelyan, General Director of HayPost Trust Management B.V. Juan Pablo Gechidjian
The first telephone exchange was put into operation in Yerevan in 1913 with the possibility of 200 phone numbers, with 71 subscribers making use of it. The first international telephone lines Alexandrapol- Yerevan, Alexandrapol -Kars were run in 1914. This system remained till 1920.
Armenian telephone line developed especially in the postwar years.
The first automatic telephone exchange (ATE) with 6 thousand telephone numbers was put into operation in 1948.
The stamp represents a phone of the 30s, a "Telefonegyar RT Budapest'' phone and a phone of the 80s on the background of telephone poles and telephone wires lineman.
"ArmenTel" CJSC, Yerevan History Museum and the Museum of Communication provided substantial support for the establishment of the stamp.
Issue date: December 10th 2013
Nominal value: 170 AMD
Designer: Tatevik Yesayan, Vahagn Mkrtchyan
Printing house: Cartor, France
Print run: 40 000
HayPost Trust Management B.V.